Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Burger King

PATAX
Level 15

I had a craving for a Whopper which I hadn't had in a while. Got a Whopper with cheese, A medium fry, and a medium Coke. The bill came to over $11.00! Now I know to raise my rates even more. Thank you Burger King I appreciate it. And that Whopper was awesome too.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

But those places are known as “fast food”, not “cheap food” establishments.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
BobKamman
Level 15

It's a Canadian company, so maybe you paid in Canadian dollars?

That's a reasonable price for a hot meal that is predictable and produced under supervised conditions.  Some Californians are upset about the $20 hourly minimum wage for fast-food workers.  They figure, if H&R Block can do your 1040 for $20, why can't you get fed at a drive-through for that much?  Others know that In-N-Out is worth whatever they ask.  

rbynaker
Level 13

The secret to surviving fast food pricing is to download the apps.  I don't know about BK but it was quite nice getting $2 double cheeseburgers from Wendy's for March Madness a few weeks ago.  McDonald's supports our local sports teams so if the Bullets Wizards ever win a game you can get a Big Mac for $2.50.  15-67 didn't make for many Big Macs this season. 😞  Caps get you a McNugget Minute.  D.C. United gets you a $1 McChicken.

IRonMaN
Level 15

But those places are known as “fast food”, not “cheap food” establishments.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN @rbynaker @BobKamman I don't mind paying the $11 Plus. It was worth it and it was pretty good. The point of my post was that we have to raise our rates. It seems like everything is increasing in price.

JRC
Level 8

I remember getting 2-Whoppers to take home for $3.00 and adding my own cheese to them.  I use to live on them......