Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxpayer is a partner with a K-1 and has 965 tax. He is making 965(h) election spread out over 8 years.

sariscpa
Level 4

Taxpayer is a partner with a K-1 and has 965 tax.  He is making 965(h) election spread out over 8 years. The deferred amount is supposed to be reported on Schedule 5 Line 74 d with "TAX" on the line.  Proseries has no way to do this other than overriding and it creates an error preventing efile.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Thank you for waiting for me. I have checked on this and the override would be the workaround. What I would do is check the Final Review, make sure that you have addressed everything that needs to be, turn off the error checking and e-file the return. We cannot guarantee that it will be accepted, however, it is possible. If it is not accepted, it would have to be paper filed.

Turning off error checking for Electronic Filing

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Thank you for waiting for me. I have checked on this and the override would be the workaround. What I would do is check the Final Review, make sure that you have addressed everything that needs to be, turn off the error checking and e-file the return. We cannot guarantee that it will be accepted, however, it is possible. If it is not accepted, it would have to be paper filed.

Turning off error checking for Electronic Filing

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Did you prepare F.965 and F.965-A?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
sariscpa
Level 4
Yes, manually and uploaded them as a pdf
0 Cheers
sariscpa
Level 4
Also uploaded a pdf of the Transition tax statement and 965(h) election schedule of installments.  I also purchased a license for Lacerte which supports the forms, but they are not final yet as of today 4/12/19.  I will use Lacerte just to verify calculations.  I have 40 clients affected by this.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
@Kathi_at_Intuit Would you have a resolution or workaround for this in PS?  Thanks!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
Let me check, it may take a few, however I appreciate the patience.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Thanks!
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers