Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Tip Number 4,167,111

IRonMaN
Level 15

Through trial and error, I have found that March 23rd isn't the best day to have cataract surgery for anyone in the tax profession.  I had the surgery done yesterday morning and I am currently walking around with a pirate patch ----------- at least until my doctor visit later this morning.  My vision in the repaired eye was so good that I couldn't see the bottle of eye drops I needed to put in at noon yesterday.  I had to recruit my wife to put the drops in.  I also learned that your depth perception isn't quite as good with only one eye -------- who would have ever thought of that.  Aye matey, shiver me timbers and back to work.  Well at least one eye is going back to work.  But even with one eye I can see that 8915F is still the favorite topic here.  I just hope rcooley wasn't up too late last night dancing in the streets. 🕺

Slava Ukraini!
15 Comments 15
Camp1040
Level 10

Good luck and what ever you do...DO NOT SKIP THE EYE DROPS!!!   Now the nice blue LED headlights will look even clearer to you!

abctax55
Level 15

OMG - Jeff, "why" now?  Couldn't it have waited for a month ?!?!

I do want pics of the pirate patch tho 🙂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

Congrats and sympathy!

You're getting the other eye done, too?

Once it's all over you'll be loving it. I had mine done about 2 1/2 years ago. At least mine was done in August so I didn't have the tax season issue.

Ex-AllStar
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

walking around with a pirate patch

Aye matey, shiver me timbers and back to work. 

That makes me miss the Moderator Ashley.   😀

IRonMaN
Level 15

Just got back from the eye doc.  Ashley's pirate ship sailed without me since I am a pirate no more.  My cornea is a little swollen so that is the reason for my blurry vision, but that has already improved a lot since yesterday.  I had the surgery done yesterday morning and was back to work by noon.  The vision was really wonky in my right eye so I didn't care when they could do it, I was getting it done no matter what the date was.  The other eye isn't scheduled until the end of May so I can focus (I use that term loosely since the blurry vision in that eye makes focusing a little difficult) on cranking out returns.   

Slava Ukraini!

I may or may not resemble that remark! I miss you guys too and hate to hear you've gone through surgery... There's no good time but definitely any time in tax season! I hope all is well with you guys and again, sure do miss you all!

And let me add an arrrgggghhh!

IRonMaN
Level 15

I didn't make a very good pirate, so it is really, really, really nice to have a real pirate pull into port.  Nice to see that Intuit hasn't made you walk the plank 😀

Slava Ukraini!

Nope, still here. 11 years and counting. How's everything going with you guys? community treating you guys well these days? Hope tax season is running as smooth (as possible)… 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Tax season kinda sucks this year.  Today is stupid client day in our office so we are keeping our running scissors, Xacto knifes, and sharpened pencils safely locked up so that we don't hurt anybody today. 

In all sincerity, the place isn't the same since you left.  You were the best, and you really are missed.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Hi Ashley. Nice to "see" you.

Ex-AllStar
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Apparently i have multiple logins and can't keep them straight.  I am glad to "see" you guys too, and sorry to hear about the changes.  If there is anything i can do let me know.  Note i don't work in the proseries, lacerte tax spaces any longer, but i can share feedback if nothing else.  And good idea to hide the scissors and xacto knives etc.  (That made me giglge)

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think multiple logins is known as multiple personalities in the medical profession. I hear they have meds that can help with that 😜

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Hi Ms. Ashley - Glad to see you are still with us in some capacity.  We do miss ya'

I'm even up to hiding the letter openers so I can't attack some of the clueless clients 🙂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

You have letter openers?  We banned those years ago because they were such big time wasters.  Do you know how long you have to saw on your wrists with those things before you can even get a hint of blood?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers