Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Season

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Truly one of the finest times of the year.  I love everything about it, the workload, the time pressures, working long hours, working on the weekend, scheduling to optimize the number of returns I can do, the satisfaction of providing a quality service at a fair price.  I will truly miss tax season when it comes to an end.  I wish it was tax season all year long. 

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

" I love everything about it"

Aren't you the same guy that was doing some significant complaining about remote returns a couple of days ago? 🤣

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Oh yeah.. except that, and people licking their fingers when fiddling with their papers.. but everything else about it.. i love tax season. 

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

has this tax season muddled your brain?? 😂🤣😂😀

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

3:45 pm today.. running behing my goal of 25 returns a day.. so far today 18 returns and that includes some self employment income, some college credits but a number with just some w-2s and various 1099s.  I may not hit 25 by the time 9 pm rolls around. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Hopefully you will be able to get some sleep tonight after such a disastrous day 😯

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I should sleep real good. up to 24 today and it is only 5:45 pm. had a few easy ones come in last couple of hours.  I thought about some comments here and tried something new.. one lady had a single W-2.. that is it , one W-2.. it would have taken me 3.5 minutes, down from my record of four minutes but I did what I never do.. asked her how she liked her job and actually had a conversation.  I will not make a habit of having a real conversation, where there is actually non-tax things being talked about but I wanted to try it since no one was waiting behind her in the lobby. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"but I did what I never do.. asked her how she liked her job and actually had a conversation"

Your secret is safe with us.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I think we need to have you do the Montreal Cognitive Assessment.......

No one loves tax season....lol  

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

late day surge.. 6:45 pm.. hit my goal of daily 25 returns... going home now to work on payroll now and feed Debit and Credit. my two cats. 

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I think you have been indulging to much with my favorite drink (fireball)

All kidding aside I would like it if it was tax  season all year long but if it was I would certainly schedule things a lot differently. I would be  Bleep if I would want to work the hours all year long that we are working now.