Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Planner - Refundable Child Tax Credit

GodFather
Level 8

When I create the tax planner, it is populating the "Refundable Child Tax Credit" for 2024 with $1,700.  Is a single taxpayer in their lower 20's, with no kids, eligible for this credit in 2024??  The tax planner says they are. 

I did investigate this and none of the articles / publications I read mention credit being available for someone without children.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's been an issue since the first ProSeries user tried running the tax planner in January.  Just override the credit and you are good to go.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
IntuitGabi

Hi @GodFather 
This unexpected behavior has been reported and we will let you know when there is an update. Thanks for the report. -Gabi 

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's been an issue since the first ProSeries user tried running the tax planner in January.  Just override the credit and you are good to go.

Slava Ukraini!
PegE
Level 2

I have been getting the same error. Overrode the field with zero till it's fixed.

GodFather
Level 8

Thanks very much, Gabi.  

IntuitGabi

We should be seeing a fix for this by the end of the week. Thanks for the workaround @IRonMaN @PegE @GodFather