Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax planner child tax credit without children?

DENNYCARR
Level 3

Anyone know why the tax planner in Proseries defaults to including a "refundable child tax credit" of $1,700 under "payments" for everyone, even people without children or dependents?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, its been reported, but hasnt been fixed.  You can use Override and make it a zero if needed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, its been reported, but hasnt been fixed.  You can use Override and make it a zero if needed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
KarenWCPA
Level 2

Do you agree that when you do the override to fix the fake child tax credit, you cannot e-file unless you turn off the error/override check?  We usually always have that on & this is slowing us down big time on e-filing.  In the past, I don't think overrides in the tax planner would hinder the e-file. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It doesn't hinder e-filing.  I just did one the other day.  You just get a friendly reminder that you overrode something but it isn't a deal breaker for transmitting the return.

Slava Ukraini!
KarenWCPA
Level 2

The warning you get seems to be the same warning we get if there is an error in the return, so we can't just ignore these.  Everyone needs checked, so it is slowing us down.  That's what I mean by hindering.  When you have a large volume of e-filing and have to check what is driving the pop-up alert each time, it is a time waster. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But you can ignore the message.  It isn't hindering, you can e-file the return.

Slava Ukraini!