Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supporting Statements on 1041 K-1s

PhilG_CPA
Level 3

Is there an easy way to produce a supporting statement on a 1041 K-1? Specifically, I'm needing to give info to the beneficiary regarding foreign taxes (i.e. foreign income, category, taxes paid, etc). Also need to do a statement for 199A dividends, since there is no box on the K-1 for that.

I've tried putting the info into the 1099-DIV worksheets, but there are no statements that autogenerate, so I'm guessing I have to type it out myself. That's fine (not really), but the only statements I see available in the forms section are for the 1041 itself, not the K-1s. Any ideas?

I drive a minivan.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bonnie
Level 3

Have you considered adding a statement to the tax return (see Forms, "Misc Statement" or "Additional Information" , which can be copied to each K-1 if it doesn't flow there, or putting the information at the bottom of each K-1 as "Other Information"  or Line 14?

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Bonnie
Level 3

Have you considered adding a statement to the tax return (see Forms, "Misc Statement" or "Additional Information" , which can be copied to each K-1 if it doesn't flow there, or putting the information at the bottom of each K-1 as "Other Information"  or Line 14?

PhilG_CPA
Level 3

Thanks, Bonnie. Code Z all the way!

I drive a minivan.
0 Cheers