Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for Virginia software: Forward to next year the name of county

Greta
Level 9

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Greta
Level 9

You point is well taken. So how about a pink box you have to check to confirm that the county name is correct?

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

But what if they move to another county?  Wouldn't it be too easy for folks to fall asleep at the wheel and never update those things if it just rolled over?

Slava Ukraini!
Greta
Level 9

(My details box did not open, so I could not add the following.)

It's rather rare for my regular clients to move. But when they do, we always update the ADDRESS in the Information Sheet, which will alert me to update the county. Similarly if there is a sale of residence on Sch D. Additionally we could have a box that simply asks whether the county has changed, the way we do with the driver license box or state ID box. That's much faster than having to open the prior year's tax return, go from federal to state, scroll down to the county, move back to current year, and and enter it in the county line.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"It's rather rare for my regular clients to move."

But you aren't the only preparer in that state using ProSeries 😀

Slava Ukraini!
Greta
Level 9

You point is well taken. So how about a pink box you have to check to confirm that the county name is correct?