Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: add 1099-SA form to FIND FORM list

DDANA
Level 3

Yes you can search 1099-SA via "Where Do I Enter", but no reason it should not be included in the Find Form option which most preparers prefer.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

To be honest I have always just used "where do I enter".  I didn't realize I was in a minority group but I should have figured that out by now --------- I have yet to see another coyote here.

Slava Ukraini!
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I am not sure what Find Forms you are talking about.  Either CTL-F or choosing Forms icon/button both automatically show the form in 2nd column about 3/4 of the way down.

DDANA
Level 3

Please try your suggestion. Select CTL-F and type 1099-SA

in Proseries basic, the form will not appear.

0 Cheers
DDANA
Level 3

I do now see the form buried under a IRA worksheet form but still argue it should highlight based on the exact entry so I respectfully request it gets fixed.

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN I also use "where do I enter", so does Heidi 🐕

IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't know that you are being truthful.  I would bet Heidi skips that and just uses her nose to find things. 😉

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@DDANA wrote:

it should highlight based on the exact entry

Unfortunately, the "Find Form" is NOT based on exact entry - that's what the "Where Do I Enter?" is for. 

The "Find Form" is based on codes, not necessarily the actual form name.  When you go into the "Find Form", you'll see that that BLUE letters are the codes.  In the case of the 1099-SA, the code is "SA".

While I agree with you that the coding is stupid, it is intentional and they are not going to change things. If you want to a slightly better search, use the "Where Do I Enter?" button (although that frequently has stupid errors in it as well).