Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State version of Federal BOI

PATAX
Level 15

Check to see if your state has, or is planning, a state version of the Federal BOI. Pennsylvania apparently does per Act 122 and those with Pennsylvania clients may want to research this closely for themselves..... The state of New York apparently has a bill establishing similar transparency requirement and those with New York clients may want to research this closely for themselves. 

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

"FinCEN also intends to conduct extensive outreach to all stakeholders, including industry associations as well as secretaries of state and similar offices to ensure the effective implementation of the rule."

Yeah, sure.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm too tired today to do that.  I'm just going to go with the CAGMC attitude for today.

Slava Ukraini!
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Just thought it might be of interest to all, is this link to who must file a  BOI, and what it is.

https://www.fincen.gov/beneficial-ownership-information-reporting-rule-fact-sheet

dascpa
Level 11

Anybody remember the days when all we did was accounting, taxes and consulting?  Now it's 15 minutes of a tax return and an hour of compliance work.  I miss the good old days when we only had passbook savings and stock trades were $39.95 each so there were very few.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"FinCEN also intends to conduct extensive outreach to all stakeholders, including industry associations as well as secretaries of state and similar offices to ensure the effective implementation of the rule."

Yeah, sure.

Slava Ukraini!