Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State returns not moving from Intuit

RLCTriad
Level 3

Why are the state returns staying in 'Received by Intuit" status and not being sent to the states? Some of my returns were successfully transmitted on 1/31/24 and have not been received by Colorado.

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

So you are saying that some of you CO returns have been received by CO?  If so, has the federal return been accepted for the returns still in limbo?

Slava Ukraini!
RLCTriad
Level 3

All returns e-filed to date have been successfully transmitted to the IRS and are in process. 3 of those returns contain the Colorado state return and the e-File status says "Received by Intuit" with the oldest being transmitted on 1/31/24.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried highlighting those returns in the EF homebase and then selected update acknowledgements?

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

Oh wait, if they are in process at the IRS do they have energy credits on the returns?

Slava Ukraini!
RLCTriad
Level 3

In answer to both questions -

Yes, each day I select each return and ask for an acknowledgement. Still stays in "Received by Intuit" status.

No, none of the returns have any energy credits. Regardless, the federal returns went thru and I am not asking why the refund is not being issued.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But you said successfully transmitted to the IRS, not that they were accepted, that's why I asked.

Slava Ukraini!
RLCTriad
Level 3

No one else has offered a solution or explanation and I have not heard from anyone at Intuit which is where the problem lies. Anyone at Intuit have an answer or explanation? I continue to efile returns containing both federal and Colorado returns. All federal returns get accepted and federal refunds have been issued in a few cases. However, ALL Colorado returns are still sitting at Intuit.

PATAX
Level 15

@RLCTriad I would ask other tax pros who use different tax software to see if they have same issue. If they do, then it could be a State issue and not Intuit.

RLCTriad
Level 3

I just checked with the State of Colorado and they began processing (supposedly) yesterday, February 10th. I will monitor to see if the returns sitting at Intuit now flow thru.

PATAX
Level 15

Yeah it could have been a State issue. I am like you, I like to get things wrapped up and not linger.