Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State of Hawaii Standard Deduction

legal
Level 3

I was on the phone with ProSeries Basic Tech Support for over 2 hours and we could NOT enable the ProSeries Basic program for State of Hawaii's Standard Deduction after itemizing.  State of Hawaii requires that you complete that "Standard Deduction" line to file your taxes.  I am frustrated that there is nothing else I can do but to override....which means I won't be able to efile the taxes.  Any suggestions?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
taxes96786
Level 9

I use Pro so not sure if this is just a Basic problem. Did the Sch A items transfer into the Hawaii Return?

Rather than an override can you make an adjustment to get to the amount you need by using the "magnifying glass box"? 

legal
Level 3

I'm not sure about the magnifying glass box.  Will try that...  Yes all the itemized deductions transferred. 

I noticed line 23 reads that THIS LINE MUST BE FILLED IN.  Not necessarily line 22.  Could this be why since taxpayer is using itemized, the form "skips" over the Standard Deduction?  

This same Taxpayer had her taxes 'corrected' last year because this Standard Deduction would not fill in.

What is this Magnifying Glass Box?

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

What is this Magnifying Glass Box?

It's the icon in the amount line that you open to add information.

0 Cheers
legal
Level 3

I don't see a magnifying glass except for Find Form.  Is this only in the Federal portion?  I open the State portion and there is nothing when I get to line 22.  Just a blank.  Right-clicking only affords me the Override option...a few more, but not an icon.

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

You should be able to click an icon box on the right side of the line you are on (with left mouse) it opens a box that you can make adjustments or info.

0 Cheers