Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State: Electronic Payment or Refund Check Boxes

Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Certain state Information Worksheets (MA) have two check boxes for efiling:  one for direct deposit and another for direct withdrawal.  [I'm ignoring a paper filing for the moment.]

If the practitioner checks both boxes (i.e., "yes" to direct deposit and "yes" to direct withdrawal - as certain returns have a tendency to phase in and out of a refund/payment status when prepared) it appears the MA DOR doesn't know what to do and does nothing at all (i.e., you get a check in the mail or a notice that you owe them for the tax, penalties and interest).  It's the latter I'm concerned with.  I could be wrong but I believe this has happened on more than one occasion over the years and there was no problem with the bank account information.

Can ProSeries eliminate the two check boxes and simply default to one (i.e., "process payment or refund electronically")?  Seems that a paper filing would accommodate a single check box as well.  An error message that both boxes are checked could also facilitate same.

Thank you someone @Intuit for looking into.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Seems like it should give a pink error if both options are checked. 

@IntuitGabi  is this something that you could forward to the right department?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't check any of those boxes until the return is done and I know whether I am dealing with a refund or payment.  I didn't know you could play stump the stars, I mean stump the computer, by clicking both boxes.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning! Yes we'll take a look at this. 

Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Thank you...

0 Cheers