Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State and local tax refund worksheet

Trisha
Level 1

Hi, I have an odd number showing up in the state and local tax refund worksheet. It is affecting the auto-populate on schedule A. I have read that there have been problems with carryforward state tax amounts but that it had been fixed. I am not able to override this number. Does anyone know if a way to fix that won't show up as an odd number in the return? 

Thank you! 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Look in the Carryover Worksheet and scroll down to the State Refund boxes, can you edit that figure from there?  

Every once in awhile I get something strange that doesnt make sense and I can fix it there.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Look in the Carryover Worksheet and scroll down to the State Refund boxes, can you edit that figure from there?  

Every once in awhile I get something strange that doesnt make sense and I can fix it there.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Trisha
Level 1

Thanks Lisa, 

It appears that it was a ProSeries error. It pulled in from 2018 but the number was not remotely relevant. It was referencing a state that cx didn't even have in return. Very odd. Thanks so much for the tip. I walked backward and edited it out! 

So appreciate the response! 

Pat

0 Cheers