Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

South Carolina I-435

bob808
Level 3

When I select active trade or business and enter the income in section C on form I-435 the tax comes up correctly but the income still shows up on the K-1s. How to I remove the income from the K-1's. Thank you.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitKarishmaG
Employee
Employee

Hello. Per the SC K-1 instructions, Line 13 (S Corporation) is required to report the Shareholder's share of active trade or business income taxed by the S corporation. However, this Line 13 income gets subtracted out on Line 14 of the SC 1120S K-1 before any withholding tax is calculated. Similarly, Line 14 (Partnership) is required to report the partner's share of active trade or business income taxed by the partnership and this income gets subtracted out on Line 15 of the SC 1065 K-1 before any withholding tax is calculated.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
IntuitKarishmaG
Employee
Employee

Hello. Per the SC K-1 instructions, Line 13 (S Corporation) is required to report the Shareholder's share of active trade or business income taxed by the S corporation. However, this Line 13 income gets subtracted out on Line 14 of the SC 1120S K-1 before any withholding tax is calculated. Similarly, Line 14 (Partnership) is required to report the partner's share of active trade or business income taxed by the partnership and this income gets subtracted out on Line 15 of the SC 1065 K-1 before any withholding tax is calculated.