Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOME OF MY CLIENTS THE SOLAR ENERGY CREDIT WAS REMOVE AFTER I FILED

Taxesnmore
Level 2

I prepared 2 of my clients taxes requesting solar energy credit, the credit showed before I file but after I filed it that form and the credit was gone and the refund change.

I do not know what happen,

I have to amend it to get the credit back 

Please inform

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

A moderator posted this morning that said for anybody that prepared a 5695 before 2/7, the input got deleted with an update.  I was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask your question, so it happened even faster than I thought it would.  Just a suggestion for the future - always check your signed 8879 to make sure the amount agrees with the return that you are submitting before you click that transmit button.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you open the return right before EFiling and the credit was there?   

It could be that now an update took it away but it was actually Efiled with the credit.

I make it a habit to open each return prior to filing if theyve been sitting in HB for a few days just to make sure everything is still the same as it was, updates can make weird stuff happen.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Taxesnmore
Level 2

I always open each return to file, the credit was there when I sent it, and I checked again because the client was having problem to check their refund and the problem was because of the different refund amount.

I amended their taxes adding that form and now the credit is there.

0 Cheers
Taxesnmore
Level 2

I did, and all looks good before I sent it.

thank you for your answer

0 Cheers