Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software crashes when attempting to print

cpajww
Level 2

Attempting to print form software suddenly shuts down, data entered is lost.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Any error messages when it happens?  Try rebooting your computer and update the software to see if that helps.  As a side note, there is an option to how often the software saves your stuff.  I believe you can set it to save in one minute intervals or something close to that.  Make sure you have the option set to save as often as it allows.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Any error messages when it happens?  Try rebooting your computer and update the software to see if that helps.  As a side note, there is an option to how often the software saves your stuff.  I believe you can set it to save in one minute intervals or something close to that.  Make sure you have the option set to save as often as it allows.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
cpajww
Level 2
Yes tried update, reboot, etc.  Still happens about once every four hours of operation.  Started in April with 2017.  No problem with prior years Pro Series and no other programs affected.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
If it started with 2017, I hate to say it, but you might want to call support to see if they can help at all.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Does it only happen with the 2017 software, or does it happen with the 2018 software as well?

If it happens with both years, it is likely your computer has a quirk in it, and when printing (which first creates an internal PDF) for some reason triggers that quirk, which causes the program to crash.
0 Cheers
cpajww
Level 2
Thanks.  I thought about that BUT I used prior years Pro Series with no problem at all.  Will get IT person to look at system
0 Cheers
cpajww
Level 2
thanks   Have a blessed day
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
:+1::+1:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers