Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Security Wages not Auto Calculating Lines 3- 6, 16

WDL
Level 2

Checkbox to automatically calculate lines 3-6, 16 is not automatically entering those amounts on the W2 wages worksheet. 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
WDL
Level 2

Yes.  Actually there is a feature in the tools menu to “auto calculate” and to turn this feature on or off.  When its off, a bar appears at the top of the open worksheet to press the F9 key to calculate.

I’ve been using ProSeries for many many years and don’t ever recall this feature, so apparently this was what was causing those fields not to auto enter.  Once I changed it everything was good.  Never saw that feature option before.

Intuit says this feature to turn off is intended for very complex tax returns that would slow the data file down if it had to auto calculate.   It would be interesting to know when this feature was added; but not important at this point either.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
maybe a corrupt worksheet, delete it and start a new one from scratch....seems to be working fine for me.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Not had any problems either.  Is it happening to all returns or just the one you are working on today?

WDL
Level 2

Yes.  Actually there is a feature in the tools menu to “auto calculate” and to turn this feature on or off.  When its off, a bar appears at the top of the open worksheet to press the F9 key to calculate.

I’ve been using ProSeries for many many years and don’t ever recall this feature, so apparently this was what was causing those fields not to auto enter.  Once I changed it everything was good.  Never saw that feature option before.

Intuit says this feature to turn off is intended for very complex tax returns that would slow the data file down if it had to auto calculate.   It would be interesting to know when this feature was added; but not important at this point either.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I think its always been there, I've never had to fiddle with the default setting though

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

My Auto Calculate is set to OFF and my W2 entries still auto calculate