Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shedule c loss

mike061
Level 2

I have a question about a schedule c loss generated this year that does not appear to have been taken ( maybe I am just looking in the wrong place)  and was not carried over. Someone told me that this loss would be lost for good unless I itemized, Is this the case?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You mean the loss didnt flow to the front page of the 1040? (or I guess its Sch 1, Line 3  nowadays)

Schedule C loses have nothing to do with itemizing....are you a professional tax preparer?

I think you may be in the wrong place...this forum is for tax professionals using Intuit's professional tax software, it appears you may be looking for DIY help.

Please visit the TurboTax Help site for DIY support, they may be able to help you.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You mean the loss didnt flow to the front page of the 1040? (or I guess its Sch 1, Line 3  nowadays)

Schedule C loses have nothing to do with itemizing....are you a professional tax preparer?

I think you may be in the wrong place...this forum is for tax professionals using Intuit's professional tax software, it appears you may be looking for DIY help.

Please visit the TurboTax Help site for DIY support, they may be able to help you.

mike061
Level 2

This is actually my very first year as a preparer Lisa and I am full of questions. I am trying to track things on an excel spread sheet to develop an understanding of what pro-series is actually doing. Now that you mentioned that the loss should flow to (Schedule 1 line C) I was able to reverse engineer and see what was going on. This client had a second company with positive income. Pro-series used the loss generated by the first company to offset the positive income of the second company. Thanks so very much! You rock.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ahhh, ok. Yes, sometimes you just have to follow the money!