Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Employment Health Insurance Deduction for S-Corp Member

ShoeBox Taxes
Level 5

Client is an S-Corp Member. Intuit gives me all sorts of information on where to enter the health insurance on the 1120-S, which seems to be out-of-date, because line 17 A no longer has an expansion screen (it appears to be line 17V now) and I can't find "Self employed health insurance" anywhere on line 17.

But either way .... how do I enter it on the client's 1040?

TIA

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

In the K1 worksheet within 1040 program....find the section with heading Final/Amended  there you will have a Quickzoom to enter health insurance premiums        (  Terrible heading for this kind of information )

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

In the K1 worksheet within 1040 program....find the section with heading Final/Amended  there you will have a Quickzoom to enter health insurance premiums        (  Terrible heading for this kind of information )

ShoeBox Taxes
Level 5

OMG, I never would have thought to look there. Final / Amended? What were they smoking when they put it there?

dkh
Level 15

@ShoeBox Taxes wrote:

What were they smoking when they put it there?

lol 🚬   whatever it was it they are still puffing on it based on some of the quirky things happening this year and someone double toked 🚬 then created the new Schedule D setup  😂

ShoeBox Taxes
Level 5

It took me a while to get used to, but I actually like the new Schedule D set up. 

And whatever they're smoking, I hope they save some for after 4/15. This year, we're going to need it!

ered
Level 2

Thank you!!