Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule R

lfcpa
Level 3

I am very concerned that schedule R for 2021 has been delayed until March 17, 2022. Why is this form in a delayed state? Any insight?

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
less common forms get delayed longer than more common forms. I think the 3/17 date theyve been giving for forms is later than they'll actually be ready....if they give a date of 3/17, then its ready on 2/25, people are happy.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
lfcpa
Level 3

I hope they are ready sooner than later. They initially indicated 2/3/22, then 2/10/22 now it's March 17.

I rarely have a qualifying  taxpayer for this schedule, but this year I did and she's anxious to file.

TAXOH
Level 11

@lfcpa Just FYI - I wouldn't let a tax client bug me a lot from Feb 6 - March 17 for a form that she is the only one of my clients that needs it.  If she is driving you crazy by constantly calling, or you need her as a client you can try the following (if not, good luck!):

I would try to calm her down and tell her the form is not ready and you have to wait.  If she is still anxious, I would remind her there is nothing I can do either, because it is out of my control.  Since not a large amt of taxpayers even qualify for it, the software I use has not finalized the form yet.  The last thing I would try to calm her anxiety would be to blame it on the IRS because I doubt most people know how to find out if a form has been finalized by the IRS.   If she was still anxious, and I'm not way overcharging her and she's in a huge hurry and is going to keep calling me until I can actually file her return, I would tell her I wouldn't be mad if she went somewhere else this year if they can file it now,

IRonMaN
Level 15

She could always call the Intuit Forms Hotline at 867-5309.  I hear Jenny is working today.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

I hope your right. That 3/17/22 date seems to be a long way off.

PATAX
Level 15

Hopefully it gets released soon. But I must say that is a very rare form, and I do not have any client I believe that ever qualified for that.

Accomacktax1
Level 1

Why is schedule R not ready until March 17  this is a burden please let me know when its ready this should be ready for the elderly  they deserve the credit ASAP 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Do you want us to call you when it is ready or do you prefer some other notification method?  Of course, you could just be like everyone else here and check daily to see when it is finalized.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@Accomacktax1   " .... please let me know...."

Are you aware that this is NOT Intuit/PS support?  We are just fellow software users.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
rcooley25
Level 11

YesI am and I enjoy sharing information and my anger with Intuit with all of you.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I check on this all the time but would appreciate it if you contacted me when it is done so we can go harah tgether.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@rcooley25 

I wasn't referring to you; and yes, all of us regulars are well aware of your unhappiness with Intuit/PS.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

@abctax55 @IRonMaN having a client that actually qualifies for this is about as rare as finding a happy bullfrog at the bottom of a dry well. Just my opinion.🐸🤔

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, I think I found that bullfrog once or twice in all of the years that I have pretended to be a tax preparer.

Slava Ukraini!