Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule D Tax Worksheet update?

sessig
Level 2

A tax return we previously eFiled is now computing an additional ~$3k of tax. Income and deductions did not change. The only change is the tax computation on the Schedule D Tax Worksheet.

We have not seen any alerts from Intuit regarding ProSeries Professional Schedule D Tax Worksheet changes.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I saw someone report this over in the ProSeries Facebook group....is this what you're seeing?

"The latest ProSeries update pushed out changes impacting tax calculations for returns with Form 4952. The software had been incorrectly using the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet for returns with Form 4952. They corrected this to use the Schedule D Tax Worksheet - any returns that were waiting to be efiled have likely been changed."

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I saw someone report this over in the ProSeries Facebook group....is this what you're seeing?

"The latest ProSeries update pushed out changes impacting tax calculations for returns with Form 4952. The software had been incorrectly using the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet for returns with Form 4952. They corrected this to use the Schedule D Tax Worksheet - any returns that were waiting to be efiled have likely been changed."

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
mm1
Level 5

I honestly do not think anything else can go wrong this year!

sessig
Level 2

We had no idea. That must be it.

Thanks very much for the response, Lisa.

BobKamman
Level 15

Now for sure it will

SFBacct
Level 3

Why didn't Proseries issue an alert about this?  I just had a client receive a letter from the IRS asking for another $1,200 in tax due and when I opened up her tax return that we filed in early March, the tax calculated was completely different.  No notices or nothing.  Does anybody have a recommendation on a tax software company that is better about this?  I am really tired of these errors without warnings.  Something similar happened last year on Schedule D tax calculation.