Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule CA error 2022

Drew Cribley
Level 1

Several of my clients have received notices due to an error from the 2021 Intuit Proseries CA program.  The program showed the Federal NOL as a positive number on Schedule CA line 8a column A instead of a negative.  Since the NOL is added back to negate the deduction for CA, it therefore showed double the NOL.  My clients received notices for $20K plus from CA. 

The worst part of this is that Intuit Proseries discovered and fixed the error without notifying the tax preparers whom it affected.  We are instead, finding out from our clients receiving heart-stopping notices from the Franchise Tax Board.  My suggestion is that if there is an error that is fixed at some point it needs to be expressly sent to preparers and Intuit should help those preparers resolve the issue they caused.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
abctax55
Level 15

Discussed here - 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/ftb-notices-therye-addi...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure if Intuit noticed it until the FTB letters started coming out. The bottom line dollar amounts appeared correct.  FTB is working with Intuit to correct these automatically

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪