Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule C transferring answers from prior year returns that it should not!

JCaldwell01
Level 2

The software is transferring the prior year selected answer to the question "Did you make any payments in 20** that would require you to file Form(s) 1099?". This question is not a permanently static. It can change year to year. The program never did this prior to TY21 and now TY22. I called in to Proseries phone support last year and notified them of the issue. They did not fix it. Working with customer support over the last few years has been a headache. End rant.

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

If that is the worst problem that we encounter with the software this year, I will be very, very happy.

Slava Ukraini!
JCaldwell01
Level 2

I have been calling in every year for about the past decade about the software erroneously giving an Ohio retirement credit that people do not qualify for it. I am just frustrated that I spent well over an hour on the phone with them about this and it should have been a simple fix. But in response to you. Duly noted.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yea, that was a pain last year.

@IntuitGabi  can you add this to someone's punch list of things to fix?  I tagged Angela in a previous post for a program issue, but her name wouldnt come up in my @ list for this one.  Whos the best to tag for this kind of thing?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Do you mean like that?

@IntuitAngela_13 

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

yea, I tried it with the underline and everything, but it just wasnt pulling up....looks like Gabi wants us to tag her and she will route it to where it goes.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
rcooley25
Level 11

Just change the answer to what you want for this year and dont worry about it.

JCaldwell01
Level 2

We pay thousands of dollars for this software every year. This should be a simple fix. It's not a big ask. There are several other problems the software has with Ohio & RITA returns. I already navigate around those problems. I should not have to pay higher and higher fees every year for software that is slowly losing functionality.

0 Cheers