Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule C does not transfer to Form 568

sffdib
Level 5

I am working on the single member LLC. I entered all the information on schedule C, I used supporting statements with boxes unchecked and some checked. I opened form 568 (CA LLC), I see I have additional blank supporting statements showing the description and no amounts and it is also keeping expenses descriptions from last year return without amounts. Can I delete them? Why does the program keep these types of expenses and it would not even keep the LLC starting date that I have to enter every year? How do I get it import fresh information?   

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you mark the box at the top of Sch C that says its a CA SMLLC? 

And I have NO idea why it cant keep the starting date and roll it from year to year!  makes me crazy!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
sffdib
Level 5

Yes, the box is checked. It transfers some of the data correctly and some incorrectly plus extra stuff from last year, e.g if I had utility expense last year on schedule C and it was transferred to form 568, I delete the utility expense this year it will show utility expenses with no amount on form 568. It looks like it does not clear the expenses on form 568, it stores it from year to year which brings me to the point why it would this for one data field and not the others. For now I just need to figure out if I can delete it or not. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Oh weird, Ive never noticed that it doesnt clear out the descriptions...if it lets you delete those, I would...now Im going to go back to a couple of mine and see if they did the same thing.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im not seeing any of those descriptions with no dollar amounts on the few that I have...so Im not sure why it does that. You dont have any ghosted spaces in the entry box for Utilities that could be working like a placeholder and keeping the description on the 568?

0 Cheers
sffdib
Level 5

I just had to delete the State return, then pushed the data again, and skipped transferring data from last year. It showed the statements as place holder without the extra stuff from last year. I entered the numbers manually. Every day, my dislike level of this program goes higher. I would not recommend it. I am going to start shopping for another program. 

sffdib
Level 5

follow up to my previous comments. I changed the cost of goods sold on schedule C, went to form 568 to check if the new number was updated, the number that I had previously manually enter did not change. 

0 Cheers
Sunshine
Level 3

Check to see if you have an Override on that box.  

0 Cheers
sffdib
Level 5

No override. 

0 Cheers