Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule A Non Cash Contributions

deb514
Level 3

If I enter $250 on Line 12 of Schedule A for other than cash donations it does not get added to the cash donations on Line 14. This worked for me on previous returns, but I just noticed today that it is computing correctly.  If I fill out the charity info (name, address, etc) then it computes, but you should not have to do that if it is under $500.  Anyone else having this issue?

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
rbynaker
Level 13
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

seems like another failure on PS' programmers. 

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

So enter one charity (maybe See Client List or similar) for the total if below $500 and you don't have to fill out the rest of the purchase date/cost, contribution date, etc.  It just needs to be in the Smart Worksheets to to flow properly.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

To me it seems like a PIA to put in the worksheet beforehand. I have my entire career put the number down. For those that have many charities, I do use the worksheet.

It is what it is.

0 Cheers
rentaxlanc
Level 1

The direct entry on line 12 prints on return but does not get added to total deductions.  Definitely an issue!  On the California return the amount also prints on line 12 along with any entry on line 11 for cash.  Line 14 then says add lines 11 thru 13 & shows a total that doesn't add up properly.  I paid nearly $4,000 for this software, I don't want to explain to my clients that the program can't add.  Really unhappy with this change in the input.  

0 Cheers
deb514
Level 3

I agree 100%!  I don't like it either, just more work for us now!

0 Cheers
MimaCPA
Level 1

the solution does not work in basic. there is not smart worksheet option in view

0 Cheers