Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s corporation extension rejected texas

eric3
Level 2

It looks like we can not efile scorporation extensions, 7004 since March 15th has passed.  In Texas, they extended the deadline to June 15th.  Do we have to paper file them?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

When all else fails, paper does work.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Iron Man Is Right... I would use certified mail with return receipt...

PATAX
Level 15

If you mail the extensions together in one envelope make sure you note on the envelope and on the certified mail form how many extensions are included.....similar to this as an example:  "TEN S corporation extensions herein".... just my opinion

IRonMaN
Level 15

I have always mailed extensions separately.  I would rather deal with one extension being lost than all of my extensions being lost..................... just my opinion 😁

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Iron Man I have always mailed them like that for years... Never had an issue... When you take it to the post office and they stamp the certified mail receipt then that is almost as good as gold... That is all the proof that you need that it was mailed, but I may be wrong just my opinion.. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I have never sent one certified and never have had any trouble either.  Of course the number of extensions that I send out by mail are extremely rare these days.  It's just another example of sticking with whatever works for each of us.

Slava Ukraini!