Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns not processed

Kaywalk1422
Level 1

I have several tax returns received by the IRS on 2/16/21 and the clients have not received their refunds and there is not status update on the IRS Refund tracker.  Anyone else having this problem?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Unsure of your question - Does not processed mean not acknowledged or accepted, or just that the refund has not been received.?

If just the refund has not been received - The IRS makes no estimates of promises on how long refunds take to be processed.

I am not aware of anyone here who can provide assistance with speeding up the IRS decisions.

Kaywalk1422
Level 1

I have the achnowledgement that the return was accepted, but when the client checks the  Where's my Refund, it does not show that the return has been received.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Im pretty sure it's the IRS, not you or proseries that is the holdup.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I have a couple too that my clients have not received their refunds. I believe it to be the IRS as opposed to you or PS. Taxpayers are falling through the cracks for no rhyme or reason. 

ljsmith2
Level 4

I called the IRS a week ago for the same thing (no refund after several weeks).  The client had unemployment included on the return and had filed before the ARP was enacted.  He was also claiming the Recovery Rebate credit for an additional child. The agent said ('unofficially') that they were having trouble verifying unemployment received with some states, also in verifying the recovery rebate. His return had been sent to the Area Resolution dept. and is expected to be processed/resolved without any taxpayer contact.

I am not sure how many clients will be affected by this same situation.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@ljsmith2 wrote:

I called the IRS a week ago for the same thing (no refund after several weeks).  The client had unemployment included on the return and had filed before the ARP was enacted.  He was also claiming the Recovery Rebate credit for an additional child. The agent said ('unofficially') that they were having trouble verifying unemployment received with some states, also in verifying the recovery rebate. His return had been sent to the Area Resolution dept. and is expected to be processed/resolved without any taxpayer contact.

I am not sure how many clients will be affected by this same situation.

thanks for the knowledge. I bet millions will be affected with all that. 

PATAX
Level 15

That is one of the negative aspects of e-filing returns... Because we e-file it, the client thinks he can call us anytime he wants, to see where his refund is... It is simply not our job to track down their refund... just my opinion...