Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return not transmitted error

TaxToad
Level 3

On April 5th, I updated the ProSeries software then e-filed the client's Federal and California returns.  After a long period of "Other program busy" messages, it finally gave me a "Return not Transmitted" error for the California return. I retried 4 times after: restarting the program, restarting the computer, restarting the program, and just resending.  Each time I got the "Return not Transmitted" error.  I gave up for the night and the next morning I checked for acknowledgements.  I got a "Return Accepted" for both the Federal and California returns even though the logs show the return was never transmitted.  

What is going on?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
TiredFarmer
Level 7

Did you notice if you had a submission id number before you got your acceptance?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

EF center, highlight the CA return line for that client, hit F12....look at the status history, does that help clear it up at all?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
TaxToad
Level 3

I was not expecting to get an acceptance for California since it said it didn't send so I did not look for any information before checking for acceptance of other returns.  I'm waiting to see if the tax due that was scheduled to pay electronically happens to make sure the return really filed.

0 Cheers
TaxToad
Level 3

The Electronic Filing Client Details show 5 Return Send Errors and then Return Accepted.  Never seen anything like it. 

0 Cheers