Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return not eligible for electronic filing due to Schedule C

maximgt
Level 3

I just got off the phone with TurboTax regarding a return not eligible for electronic filing because it contains Schedule C. TurboTax acknowledged that they are aware of internal issues with Schedule C and they are actively working on a solution with the IRS. At this time, returns containing Schedule C will undoubtedly display a "not eligible for e-filing" message (federal and state, if applicable). Both TurboTax and ProSeries are Intuit softwares. Hopefully, the problem will be resolved sooner than later.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maximgt
Level 3

UPDATE - Intuit (TurboTax and ProSeries) resolved the e-filing issues associated with Schedule C. It appears that returns containing Schedule C can now be e-filed. I am sure this is great news to all who have encountered a similar issue in the past few days. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

First be sure its really a Sch C error and its not the error that we got the yellow banner alert for earlier today, make sure youve gone into Tools > Preparer Info and checked the PTIN Verifcation box.  If that box is already checked, then

Close ProSeries and go to your Windows Start button, go to your list of Programs./Apps and scroll down to PS2023 you should find a REPAIR option.  This is for a different year, but all years have the same option.

repairupdates.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
maximgt
Level 3

My PTIN is in order and my software is up to date. The e-filing ineligibility that I have is strictly associated with Schedule C.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I filed my first 2 1040s today.  One had a schedule C and the other did not.  Both were accepted.

Slava Ukraini!
maximgt
Level 3

Thanks for update. This is troubling. Tech support acknowledged issues with Schedule C and e-filing.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@maximgt so all your other returns have EFiled without any issues?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
maximgt
Level 3

UPDATE - Intuit (TurboTax and ProSeries) resolved the e-filing issues associated with Schedule C. It appears that returns containing Schedule C can now be e-filed. I am sure this is great news to all who have encountered a similar issue in the past few days. 

0 Cheers
Shirley79
Level 4

Thank you so much.  You solved my problem   -  not being able to print or update the Iowa returns.  I even called the help line today and they didn't suggest the repair!!!  They said to just wait and try later.

0 Cheers
glw1960
Level 1

How was your problem resolved? I can't e-file due to my Schedule C. It initially said Feb 26th then 28th and now it's March 4. I might have to mail it in, but hoping for other options. I was going to change to a different tax platform, but Turbo Tax won't give refunds for Online purchases. So I feel like a hostage at this point. 

abctax55
Level 15

@glw1960 

I suggest you wander back over to the Turbo Tax forums to ask your question.

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

Why the ******* are the TurboTax geniuses continually posting here?

I know the answer.  No need to put it in my face...AGAIN.  Intuit needs to do something so this board exists for what it is intended for.

Done venting.

glw1960
Level 1

I apologize for upsetting you guys, I didn't realize it wasn't the correct forum. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

@glw1960  - It's not your fault.  Intuit is the culprit for these types of encounters.

Slava Ukraini!
Shirley77
Level 3

I did the ProSeries update repair from the start menu of my computer.

0 Cheers