Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return failed the tax submission return validation step - Colorado 104x (federal was accepted)

bo donegan
Level 2

The IRS accepted the 1040x, however an error is received when filing the 104x with the state of colorado.  

I've tried several fixes as noted on the discussion page, re-boot, check PTIN, run error checking and have appropriate boxes checked for "file state and fed amended returns electronically". 

so frustrating, suggestions welcome 

4 Comments 4
Jonesin1
Level 4

Try updating and make sure it was marked for Efile

0 Cheers
bo donegan
Level 2

unfortunately that did not work, but I do appreciate the prompt reply as this is, I am sure a user error. 

0 Cheers
bo donegan
Level 2

why oh why would this show.  I've tried to e-file the amended return colorado that is marked "ready", but gives the error not transmitted "tax submission return validation step", however the fed marked "completed" was accepted by intuit (waiting on IRS verification rec'd) 

The only one that is not grayed out is "Colorado", marked ready 

Screenshot 2023-03-09 073456.png

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

It doesn't look like the Colorado regular return has been filed??

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers