Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retirement Three Year Spread is now bringing forward the amount to 8915E? Anyone notice this?

JonathanV
Level 3

Anyone Notice This?

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
dkh
Level 15

Hope no one thinks that's correct and files a return using E instead of waiting for F

JonathanV
Level 3

I was thinking the same, but I don't think it was let you efile 8915E yet. I wonder if it will move the number to the "F" once its final, if its ever final...

0 Cheers
JonathanV
Level 3

I'm just thrilled that its bringing it over.

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I find this quirk quite good as it can help you catch a return with a three year spread and is a reminder to either wait for the 8915-F or use the workaround solution. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I'm curious: does the 8915-E show Year = 2021, as if that is meant to be in the filing package? Because technically, a year 2021 of that form doesn't exist.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
JonathanV
Level 3

Does your software not bring the amount over? I'm not meaning to sound "smart", I'm just curious because some people say their software isn't bringing over 1/3 of the amount. Ours is, I feel that it just started today or maybe yesterday. But it is clearly putting it on 8915E. It shows at the bottom of the form, amount subject to tax in 2021.

rjeibasa127
Level 2

Mine finally was carried over but using 8915E by default and not 8915F. The form 8915F is not even available if you search the form. I was just happy also to see that it carried over. I had to delete my files with 1/3 hardship 401k withdrawal, transfer the file again from 2020 to 2021, and redo my entries lol. but i was happy to finally see the amount in 1040 form. but its not final so i dont know how long we have to wait. 

0 Cheers