Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RENTAL PROPERTY

ramraor
Level 2

RENTAL PROPERTY SOLD WITH  CAPITAL GAIN - HOW TO ADJUST CARRY FORWARD RENTAL LOSSES IN THE TAX RETURN - WHICH FORM TO USE -  SOLD RENTAL PROPERTY WITH A CAPITAL GAIN OF $ 20,500/- AND HAING CARRY FORWARD RENTAL LOSSES OF $ 15000/-

HOW TO ADJUST THIS CARRY FORWARD LOSSES - IN THE 1040 COPY OR ANY OTHER FORM OF RENTAL  PROPERTY

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Mark Box H at the top of the Sch E worksheet, that will release suspended losses.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
corinnerichard
Level 3

i am new at this one, client sold his residental rental property that I have listed on sch e for a couple of years now can you point me in the right direction to how to report this sale

thank you 

cr

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@corinnerichard 

You asked the same question as your own topic, last year, and get replies, follow this link:

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/sale-of-residential-re...

This year, you are posting updates in other people's old topics from prior tax years. If you have  new question for the new tax year, you should start it as your own topic.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers