Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

renewal

jrstone
Level 1

Am I the only one extremely annoyed by ProSeries collecting funds on the renewal a good 8 weeks before I can even expect to use the software?  Prepaying in January was bad enough, but pushing back to early December makes no sense to me.  No return on my expenses for a good long time afterwards.   As tax practice is hit with more and more requirements and expenses it is no longer a profitable part of my business.  Small practitioner.  Hurts to be hit for this at the same time as property taxes, year end expenses, etc.  Not happy at all.

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

But, but, but, they now release the software in October so that you can get an early start on all of those 2023 returns coming in already.  And the really good news is, the software runs like a Swiss watch on these early releases.

Yeah, it sucks being billed already for software that sucks and is pretty much totally useless this early.  They say misery loves company and I think the feeling from about 103% of users is that nobody likes getting clipped this early.  But Intuit's main goal is to make their shareholders happy -------------- no matter how much they piss off their customers.

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

And if one happens to be both a shareholder and a customer.. mixed feelings maybe?  but getting back to 2023 program.. i opened 2022 today.. pop up message comes up how 2023 is ready.. i clicked on button to get the 2023 program and same fastpath messasge comes up like before. 

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

And the really good news is, the software runs like a Swiss watch on these early releases

Swiss watch ... Swiss cheese.  Close enough.   🤣

We supposedly get a discount for auto-renewal.  That trade off is that we pay for the software long before it becomes useful. 

But if you want to forego the auto-renewal discount, it is an option to not renew it until you need the software sometime in January.

gbayus
Level 3

Annoyed?  How about completely pissed off every time we try and contact Intuit with any sort of question.  All phone lines go to some offshore island!   EMPLOYEE AMERICANS!!!  Intuit professiona has ceased being professional years ago and is now just an off the shelf canned program. Take it or leave it. 

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

I thought they offered a discount for early renewal, but I could be wrong.  And doesn't the software allow organizers to be prepared for mailing before the end of the year, or early in January?  Not that I use organizers.