Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal Issue with Fixed Asset Manager

Al007
Level 3

I renewed the ProSeries 2022 Power Tax Library. I already downloaded it from the "My ProSeries" site with no problems. When I went to download the 2022 Fixed Asset Manager, it says "It was not renewed for 2022." The Fixed Asset Manager is part of the Power Tax Library programs along with the Tax Organizer. Also, I had written directly to ProSeries support over a week ago about this and never received an answer. I dont understand what the problem is.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Maybe its just not available yet?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Al007
Level 3

I dont know if it is available - I could not find the product release dates. The message in "My ProSeries" states "2022 Fixed Asset Manager not renewed ." Do you have any information regarding the FAM release date?

Thank you.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Open 2022, Tools > License Product and be sure it shows you renewed the Power Tax Library, not 1040 Complete

Nobody here has access to your personal account info or can see whats happening on Intuit's end, you'll need to call into Support to get this worked out.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

FAM (Fixed Asset Manager) is typically not available until around the 2nd week of December. Until then your account will only show prior year availability. For whatever reason FAM is the ugly duckling in the ProSeries family (they tend to ignore upgrades and workability except for the obvious 179 limits and a few other changes). I use it a lot but it could be so much better if they spent a few hours and dollars on the program.

gareth
Level 1

I was the main software engineer on FAM for several years. Some of the features were added by me in my spare time and approved by the product manager. I'd be happy to work on FAM again occasionally if Intuit decided it was a good idea. I also created the Missing Client Information and other features that are still in Proseries, and I designed the underlying technical mechanism that allowed Proseries Basic and Professional to be created using most of the same code. I am not an Intuit employee now so I can't answer questions about the software and I probably won't add further comments to this discussion.

0 Cheers