Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected 1120 S return

aytaxservices
Level 3

I mistakenly filed an 1120 instead of 1120S and it was rejected to EIN not matching, Error # R0000-900-01.

so I filed the correct 1120 S form and when I tried to e-file it was rejected with the message that EIN/SSN is duplicate.

what can i do now to fix it? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SnazzyCPA
Level 3

First, verify that you have entered the correct EIN from prior tax records of the client or the CP-575 letter.  If it is correct, did you remove the EFILE information from the 1120 in your system or delete the 1120 that you previously tried to file? If no, you must do so then try to file. If yes, and it is correct, you will need to mark the correct return "Amended" in order to file it.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
SnazzyCPA
Level 3

First, verify that you have entered the correct EIN from prior tax records of the client or the CP-575 letter.  If it is correct, did you remove the EFILE information from the 1120 in your system or delete the 1120 that you previously tried to file? If no, you must do so then try to file. If yes, and it is correct, you will need to mark the correct return "Amended" in order to file it.

0 Cheers
aytaxservices
Level 3

Much appreciated , it worked

0 Cheers