Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery rebate worksheet

John H
Level 2

I have a couple MFJ with no chldren and they did not get a simulas check during 2020 becasue their AGI was too high on filed returns for 2019 and 2018. Now for the 2020 return their AGI is below $150,000.  Issue: the Proseires Recovery credit worksheet is calcualting a recovery creidt of $2,472.   How could the credit be more than $2,400 ( $1,200 x 2)   ?

Proseries support is telling me that this is correct but without knowing why? 

Can someone with a definitive answer  tell me that this is possible and why or that this is wrong  which  I beleive is the case 

thanks 

John Hayes 

[email removed]

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Unless you want Vladimir Putin using your e-mail address, you might want to delete it from your post.

What was the actual AGI on the return?

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Tomatoes (I had to get rid of the turtles - they kept running away)
dkh
Level 11

You've forgotten to include EIP#2  $600x2  in your calculation

BobKamman
Level 14

And it sounds like they got all but $72 of the second round, which must have been based on 2019 income and not 2018 like the first round.  

0 Cheers
John H
Level 2

Yes  I realized that last night  You are exactly right!  I did not consider EIP#2  $600x2  

thanks for everyone's input 

John