Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Rebate Credits for 2020

DLC2020
Level 2

I e-filed two returns recently that weren't eligible for EI1 and EI2 based on their 2019 returns, but are eligible based on 2020.  After I installed the 3/14/21 update, the program is telling me they aren't eligible anymore.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I am hoping this will be fixed in a future update.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You may need to elaborate on "the program is telling me they aren't eligible anymore."

Is this prior to filing, or a pop up message once its accepted? There is a bug that rode in on last weeks update thats giving a popup after acceptance that shows the RRC being disallowed, it doesnt change the return at all though...its been reported to development.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You may need to elaborate on "the program is telling me they aren't eligible anymore."

Is this prior to filing, or a pop up message once its accepted? There is a bug that rode in on last weeks update thats giving a popup after acceptance that shows the RRC being disallowed, it doesnt change the return at all though...its been reported to development.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
DLC2020
Level 2

Yes, that is it exactly.  The returns were e-filed yesterday and accepted today, but when I opened the returns today, the program popped up a discussion box to inform me that changes have been made. When I go to the Original Amounts Worksheet, it shows the reversal of the Recovery Rebate Credits. 

Thanks for the reply!  Glad to hear that the issue is being addressed.

Connecto
Level 2

I can verify the same situation here.  Proseries detected changes on two 1040s, both had recovery rebate removed.

mellie
Level 1

I'm having same issue as well.  Every return I e-filed on Friday, was changed to reverse the recovery rebate credits.  Fortunately, it was after the fact, and correct returns were filed and accepted.   But it was very concerning for a bit!

GCAZ
Level 2
Spoiler
Same issue.  e-filed 3/24/21 went back into return 3/25/21 and received message "ProSeries has detected that the amounts calculated in this return have changed since the return was e-filed:"  When I click the Display Changes it should a reversal of the Recovery Rebate Credit removed but it is still showing in the return.  Called and reported so waiting for an update.
0 Cheers
dadorian
Level 1
I cannot get the Go To Solution link to take me anywhere.
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Here is the announcement from over two weeks ago for this erroneous message:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2020-produce...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers