Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECONCILIATION PROBLEM WITH SCHEDULE M-3 AND FORM 1120 LINE 28 DUE TO NON-DEDUCTIBLE PENALTIES EXPENSE, HOW DO I RECONCILE?

JUAN FIGUEROA
Level 1

HOW DO I RECONCILE A NON-DEDUCTIBLE PENALTY EXPENSE BETWEEN SCHEDULLE M-3 AND FORM 1120 NET INCOME?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
dkh
Level 15

Are you entering on page 3 Part III, line 12  and it's not working ? 

0 Cheers
JUAN FIGUEROA
Level 1

yes, we are, and we get an error message of difference in schedule m, page 2 between line 30, column (d) and form 1120, page I, line 28.

the system is not reconciling to page 1 of form 1120 due to the fact that penalties (non-deductible expense) is not part of page 1, but yet is part of schedule M.

after spending crazy hours with Intuit's agents and not getting any assistance whatsoever, i decided to run the penalties as a separate item through retained earnings. this reconciling factor is a glitch with the software and. they are claiming it to be a tax advise scenario which they do not provide.

this is my first time ever with a reconciling issue using Intuit, and has also been very frustrating the way it has been handled by them.

0 Cheers