Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do my clients insist on ruining a 3-day weekend?

dkh
Level 15

I just love being reminded that I have unfinished work less than 24 hours before a holiday weekend starts.  I'm thinking of sending special "Thank You" notes to the clients that have called today.  Without them calling, I may have completely enjoyed the 3-day weekend.  Now I will properly stress over their unfinished work.

I may need to dip into R Cooley's Fireball stash.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

There is a very easy solution to your dilemma and your “toxic behavior”. Next year take a 5 day weekend.  And while you are at it, change your answering machine to say you most likely won’t be back until October 1st.  Might as well ruin their 3 day weekend😜

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Next time, don't answer your phone or check your emails the day before a three day weekend.   😁

TaxGuyBill_0-1662070262958.png

dkh
Level 15

Funny thing... I didn't answer. I was out for an appt.  Came back to messages....shouldn't have listened to them

BobKamman
Level 15

Because you let them

PATAX
Level 15

Don't some firms have a policy that if they do not receive the data by March 31st that they may not be able to finish the return by April 15th? Why not extend that 2-week policy throughout the whole year and cover all work? I am waiting for data for over a dozen clients, individual and non-individual. How many times I have to request the information. They will all bring it in all at once and I will be in the same boat as you are . What a joke.

dkh
Level 15

Yep, my own toxic behavior.....

IRonMaN
Level 15

There is a very easy solution to your dilemma and your “toxic behavior”. Next year take a 5 day weekend.  And while you are at it, change your answering machine to say you most likely won’t be back until October 1st.  Might as well ruin their 3 day weekend😜

Slava Ukraini!