Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are returns being rejected for 1095A when the client didn't have ACA.

ebraggs
Level 1

I keep getting rejects when my clients do not have insurance from the Marketplace

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Those errors started showing up with 2022 returns.  In every case, the client was in the system at least temporarily and the client “forgot about it”.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I'll bet if they call the marketplace they'll find that one was issued to them. 

Maybe they applied and didn't follow through, maybe they're on a parents policy,  or they signed up but canceled it and still ended up with one month of coverage, creating the 1095A issuance.

I also saw an article that some nefarious insurance brokers had been caught creating bogus marketplace policies for people (for the commission I assume) and many people were discovering their ID had been used for this purpose, so they really need to CALL. and find out what has happened.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Conejo53
Level 1

SAME HERE. JUST WONDERING IF PRO-SERIES WILL UPDATE THE SYSTEM SO WE JUST FILL IT OUT ONCE THE CLIENTG GET IT... (OR WE NEED TO UPLOAD THE FORM AFTER THE CLIENT BRING IT TO US0, 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You need to enter it.  

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Conejo53 wrote:

SAME HERE. JUST WONDERING IF PRO-SERIES WILL UPDATE THE SYSTEM SO WE JUST FILL IT OUT ONCE THE CLIENTG GET IT... (OR WE NEED TO UPLOAD THE FORM AFTER THE CLIENT BRING IT TO US0, 

You'll need to enter it when the client brings it to you, and it may very well change the outcome of the tax refund/balance due.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I completely agree with those above. We must have that info to proceed as it could change the outcome.

0 Cheers