Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will NC updates be available?

lbj-2017
Level 2

It says the new forms are available March 4th but the NC Scorp pages still show as not EF ready.  What is going on and when will they be ready?  This is insane.

8 Comments 8
dbtaxsolutions
Level 4

Finally got accepted. 

NC state form is full of glitches, every return with K-1 is asking for foreign address and error won't go away. Sch S supplemental says final efile ready but can't get rid of a pink color of error and no error exist!!!!

0 Cheers
lbj-2017
Level 2

What do you mean by finally accepted?  Are you saying that you have the updates?  My forms are still showing as "not EF ready" but print is available. And tech support is closed on Saturdays.  I think it is time for another tax software.

0 Cheers
sfmeliss
Level 3

At this point Lacerte should send something out to everyone so that we are not having to post messages and try to find answers, this is ridiculous.     

0 Cheers
dbtaxsolutions
Level 4

Sorry, my bad, I mean the NC individual was just recently accepted, and NO on the s corp, I tried again today and it failed. 

Original date was 2/24, then 2/26, then 3/3 , 3/4 and nada. the deadline is in a few days, this adds to the stress that's already there for tax deadlines. 

0 Cheers
Genevia
Level 2

Just read on our Association Blog that North Carolina has already approved S Corporations for Lacerte.  Not clear why we are unable to file until the due date of 3-15-2022.  

0 Cheers
dbtaxsolutions
Level 4

I was able to e file s corp state return for NC a few days ago now it has gone back to saying Proseries is not ready again? not sure what's happening. It was on then it was off. Frustrating

0 Cheers
lbj-2017
Level 2

It’s beyond frustrating.  Add to that - according to tech support they will not have the extensions ready to file electronically so all partnership snd corporate returns have to go manually.

The one I spoke to didn’t think doing it manually was a big deal.  Maybe if I had 5 or 10 I would feel that way but I have a lot.  And I believe I paid for electronically filing forms, not paper.  I’m beyond frustrated with Intuit.

0 Cheers
Genevia
Level 2

Anyone know when we can eFile North Carolina Corporate Tax Year 2022 returns using Lacerte? 

Last year (2021 returns) we were unable to eFile NC Corporate returns until late March 2022.

This created many challenges.

Have used Lacerte for over 30 years.

0 Cheers