Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watermark on Georgia Form 501

FSU CPA
Level 2

How do I get rid of the watermark "E-File Only Do Not Mail" on Georgia Form 501? The watermark box is not checked, I've updated the software and refreshed the updated software but it's sill there. 

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think you need to use REPAIR UPDATES not just refresh. 

Close ProsSeries, go to the Windows Start button,> Programs/Apps > ProSeries 2023 > Tools. Repair

repairupdates.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
FSU CPA
Level 2

Thanks so much for your response. I tried the Repair Updates and that didn't solve the problem. Any other suggestions?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Wow you may have to uninstall GA and reinstall it.

Here are the steps

You will NOT lose your clients files.

Close ProSeries and use Windows Add/Remove Programs

Find ProWin 2023 and click Uninstall. It will act like its going to uninstall the entire program, dont panic, it wont! It will open another window that lets you choose which part to uninstall. Find the GA module in the list and uninstall it.

Now restart the computer, and start Proseries back up and Log in, go to Install > Download New Products and make sure that the box is checked for the GA module, click Next and reinstall the 1041.

0 Cheers
A Hatcher
Level 1

I did everything you suggested, including uninstalling, restarting and updating.  The GA 501 still has a watermark!

What now?

0 Cheers
A Hatcher
Level 1

I tried all of the steps including reinstalling but i still get the watermark.  I think I need for you to send a patch?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

"....think I need for you to send a patch?

FYI - this isn't PS Support.  Lisa is just a volunteer, helping co-users of the software ('cuz she's just nice 😉

YOU will have to contact customer support directly.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dkh
Level 15

@FSU CPA 

Are you claiming Schedule 5 tax credits ?   if yes, return must be electronically file (per State of Georgia website)   so maybe that creates the watermark.  

FSU CPA
Level 2

I called ProSeries and after an hour and two different representatives, I was told Georgia requires this watermark on the form. I told them that couldn't possibly be true. They insisted they were correct after repeated arguments from me. I asked them to please call the State of Georgia and confirm. They told me they couldn't do that and if I wanted confirmation, I had to call them. So I called the Georgia practitioner's hotline myself. The agent told me Georgia will not accept any returns with watermarks. The real problem is Georgia is not ready to accept fiduciary forms! The agent could not provide me with a date. I called ProSeries back and told them what the problem is and why that watermark is appearing on the form. They then told me they had an anticipated date of March 15th for filing of Georgia fiduciary forms. I asked them why a message doesn't appear in the program when opening Form 501. They didn't know. I asked them where they got the March 15 date when Georgia doesn't even have a date yet. Complete waste of time for me. Clearly, ProSeries has problems with their customer service reps!

\

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitGabi   Ive given this my best shot, nothing seems to be working.  This is the only post I see on the matter, can someone look into this?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If it says EFile Don't Mail, I would guess the Efiled form would NOT have that watermark and its only on the paper form so no dummy tries to mail it in.