Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W-2G - Address Error

user_916354
Level 2

An error occurs on the first address of each W-2G worksheet.  Client has enough W-2G forms to fill five worksheets.  The first taxpayer address on each worksheet (at the bottom) has an error.  I have the "Transfer address information from the federal information worksheet" checked and it populates, but it's in red.  When I hover, ProSeries says "Winner 1 address - foreign and domestic address elements are present.  Please check all winner address fields for accuracy".

None of the other addresses below it have this error, it's only the first one on each sheet.  I have saved, shut down ProSeries and re-opened.  It doesn't make sense that it's only a problem on the first address field on each worksheet, but none of the rest.  I have checked the W2-G fields, they all look relatively the same, no missing data.

Long-time client, no address changes, did not have this problem before.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

it was a free gift in the update a couple days ago.   Just turn off error checking when you convert to Efile.

There was a yellow banner alert about it yesterday that explained how to deal with it.

errorchecking.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers