Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS update

IRonMaN
Level 15

Earlier this season, there was some complaining about mail delivery.  I said I haven't had any issues, so I have a case in point about that.  I dropped off 8 priority mail envelopes at the local Post Office Friday morning.  One was going as far east as Delaware and two were heading west out to Arizona.  The others were sprinkled across Minnesota.  When I checked yesterday, all 8 packages had been delivered,  I don't know if it is just good clean living that gets those results for me, or if I get special treatment since I worked for the USPS the summer after I graduated from high school 😀

Slava Ukraini!
9 Comments 9
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I don't remember if I mentioned this in the other mail-complaint post, but earlier this tax season I send THREE large envelopes.  All were mailed at the same time and were going to the exact same address (two were "in care of").  Two of them got to the home in a day or two.  The third one took two and a half weeks.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'll put in a good word for you Bill.  Hopefully it helps 😜

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

@IRonMaN  I think it is the street creds that you have with the USPS employees and the orginazaton from the summer job after high school.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Back in those days, parcels used to be delivered separately from the rest of the mail.  Nobody got those mail trucks up from zero to 30 mph faster than me.  I'm actually surprised nobody ever called the cops about my acceleration habits 🏎

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

Hence, the Roadrunner moniker!!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Trust me, you couldn't catch a dead roadrunner in those trucks I used to drive.

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

Our post office likes to send my envelopes to the return address (me) rather than the mailed address. They don't even try to send it to the recipient.

Doesn't happen with tax returns as they're all Priority Mail with Tracking, but all other envelopes.

When asked why - of course no answer.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Obviously everyone at your local Post Office knows you and just tries to get your blood pressure up.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

The past week I have used tracking on the USPS website several times, and there was a red banner advising that because of bad weather, deliveries across the country might be delayed.  Apparently north/south is working better than east/west.