Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unemployment exclusion shows up as deduction in a state that doesn't tax uc

jiwanaga
Level 1

Is there an error in the update made by Proseries?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
RobertPrasad
Level 2

Yes. Proseries is incorrect for the state adjustment. if you don't make a manual adjustment on the state return the client will under report their state liability. Proseries needs to fix this ASAP a lot of state returns are going to be filed incorrectly.

RobertPrasad
Level 2

A manual solution would be to subtract the UCE adjustment from true unemployment compensation and then use that amount as your state Unemployment Compensation adjustment.

0 Cheers
JoeT214
Level 2

They probably have glitch on the state of California, I will wait to e-file California state taxes, they might notice it and advice us or fix it.

0 Cheers
JoeT214
Level 2

A lot of preparers haven't noticed it, I noticed it because I had some returns printed already.

0 Cheers
RollTide68
Level 8

I do primarily Alabama and they already exclude Unemployment.  I have to go to the Other income worksheet on the state and make a manual adjustment to add back the exclusion amount.

0 Cheers
RobertPrasad
Level 2

same thing is needed for California. 

0 Cheers