Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove 1099-A Cancellation of Debt form

dsocpa
Level 5

I accidentally opened a form 1099-A Cancellation of debt form.  Meant to open 1095-A.  I've tried Remove form but it just keeps coming back.  What do I need to do to get this fixed? 

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If it keeps coming back, that usually means an entry from some other place is flowing to it,,,,when it comes back, look at it, are there any numbers on it?  If so, can you click on that number and follow it back to its point of entry?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dsocpa
Level 5

Thanks Lisa.  I've been checking but didn't see any.  Something's going on though because the return I was working on went from a State tax liability of ~$1,500 to $17k+ around the same time.  I decided to run an update and close down.  Reopening now and hoping I'm back to normal or at least I can trace whatever number is lurking to the source so I can delete it!!

dsocpa
Level 5

The cancellation of debt I believe has been removed.

I've discovered the increase in state tax is due to an adjustment for SE HI.  The amount of HI paid in total was $13,717.  At the bottom of the form 7206 is the following message

A self-employed health insurance adjustment of $18918.00 from premiums paid through an
exchange is included as an adjustment to income but does not appear on these worksheets.

Well I have no idea where $18,918 comes from.  Have there been any problems reported with the 1095-A/self-employed health insurance?

0 Cheers
dsocpa
Level 5

After spending considerable time on this with no resolution I decided to start over, as incredible as it sounds...

0 Cheers