Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax owes me some money

PATAX
Level 15

A lady called me today when I was extremely busy. She said she tried to file her taxes with TurboTax but she has an error. Based on what she told me, I told her she may have answered a question wrong concerning and/or emanating from her filing status. I asked her if she can call them and ask them questions. She said yes, she paid for that in her package, which was I believe she said $148 for federal and state. That's really a good price. Sure enough she sent me a text message not long after, and she said that she called, and indeed I was correct, she answered a question wrong. Everything is all okay now. So now I have a question: When am I getting paid? And yes I will accept Bitcoin.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I do have to make a small correction - it's Turrrdotaxxx - and I'm sure the check is in the mail.  I believe they send the checks to a guy living in a van down by the river.  Make sure you take Heidi with you when you pick up the check -------- you can't be too safe these days.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
IRonMaN
Level 15

I do have to make a small correction - it's Turrrdotaxxx - and I'm sure the check is in the mail.  I believe they send the checks to a guy living in a van down by the river.  Make sure you take Heidi with you when you pick up the check -------- you can't be too safe these days.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

🤣 "guy living in a van down by the river" got me laughing good.

IRonMaN
Level 15

That line has been floating around in my head since I updated my profile here last week.  It's been a long time without an update so I needed to refresh it a little.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

From the old TA forum (I think, but don't know who)

Phone rings.

Caller:  "I have a quick question"

Me: "Did we do your taxes last year?"

Caller: "No, but it's just a quick question..."

Me:  "OK, let me get your name & address for billing purposes, since I.... hello?  hello?"

Much more polite that some of the other less friendly responses I've used in the past

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Most phone questions tend to be anonymous ------------ just in case we can track them down to send a bill.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

For the last 2 years in a row, at least, she asked me if I would do her taxes and I said yes. But instead she went to TurboTax, which I'm actually glad that she does, since I have too much to do already, and she may have the potential to be a pita client.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Send her a bill - she won't bother you anymore.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

My voice mail 'starts' with "We aren't accepting new clients".  And a phone call from a number we don't recognize is generally not picked up/allowed to go to voice mail.   The number of hang-ups when they hear "not accepting" is too funny.   

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah thank God for caller ID, definitely one of the best inventions ever.

michele
Level 7

I have a standard line for the receptionist .I am sorry but we do not use Turbo Tax in our firm so we do not handle their questions. You will need to contact Turbo Tax. We don't get many of those calls this time of year but the last week of tax season they come pouring in.  I just don't get why call an accounting office when you are trying to do your own. I guess they figure we don't have anything better to do.

Michele

PATAX
Level 15

@michele @abctax55 @IRonMaN. many people just don't have any common sense anymore, and they are blinded by their selfishness. Got to go to sleep now, it's way past my bedtime, and I got a pile of work waiting on my desk for tomorrow 😴

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

That line has been floating around in my head since I updated my profile here last week.  It's been a long time without an update so I needed to refresh it a little.

I love your listed "expertise".  😂

Do the North Minnesota returns get a lutefisk tax credit?

IRonMaN
Level 15

The devil made me do it😀

Yes they get the credit, but they have to be over 75 to qualify 

Slava Ukraini!