Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Iron Man

rcooley25
Level 11

I hope you are just joking about not posting anymore. It will not be the same without you.

19 Comments 19
IRonMaN
Level 15

Did I say that?  I must have been joking ------------------ although I tend to be very, very serious when I post here.  😂🤣

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

It's true.  IronMan is Level 15 and by him not posting, he's letting us catch up to him.  Just like in the Big 8 (I'm aging myself) Partners didn't talk to Juniors or Seniors.  Generals don't talk to Privates.

GodFather
Level 8

In your normal "serious manner" can you provide some context on why your name is IRonMaN??  The significance of the capital letters vs. non-capital.  

Inquiring minds want to know!

IRonMaN
Level 15

I remember attending a continuing ed class that had a speaker that started out with a Big 8 firm and had since formed his own firm.  When he was introducing himself he said he worked for Peat Marwick before they became a radio station (KPMG).  I obviously liked that line since it has stuck with me for a number of years. 

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@IRonMaN not post?? Is that even possible? 

Pinocchio's nose would grow if he said this...........

IRonMaN
Level 15

@GodFather  - when I first started out here my original name was IRMN - in reference to where I live.  After using that for a number of years, a lady one day called me Ironman.  I thought it was funny and then converted over to that name as a joke.  But I left the original name intact so folks that hung around here on a regular basis would still know who I was.  From time to time someone with still refer to me as IRMN so you know that person has been visiting here for a lot of years 😁

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@GodFather Dont let him fool you. He is a HUGE Black Sabbath fan! The name is an obvious reference to their hit song Iron Man. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I do like that song, so it did influence my decision to keep the name.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

And that is why I've kept my friendship with you!! 😁

IRonMaN
Level 15

Don't most coyotes have at least one ape as a friend? 😉

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

If Im not mistaken......We'd have to do a crossover though with Hanna Barbera to get them together. LOL

I forgot to include the names of Magilla Gorilla and Grape Ape. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Whatever it takes  😁

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TiredFarmer
Level 7

I hope you all don't quit or I will definitely know it is my time to retire and become not even sure what my next job would be as I have done taxes since carbon paper days . I am not a good person with posts or replies but definitely like and learn from the "regulars"  Thanks

IRonMaN
Level 15

"since carbon paper days"

If you have been doing it that long, I can understand why you are tired 😉

Slava Ukraini!
TiredFarmer
Level 7

If you get a chance do you have any thoughts on my 80% post I have one I need to send and a buddy has me second guessing that I really don't have the NOL rule correct in my mind.  If you don't want to comment no hurt feelings.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I didn't see the post but I looked back now.  To be honest, I don't currently have any clients that are dealing with NOLs so I'm not sure how the software is handling it.  I would like to think the software is handling them correctly, but it is February and it is Intuit so I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Slava Ukraini!
TiredFarmer
Level 7

Thanks I did by hand but maybe I missed something computer caught I will have to try again.  Appreciate the help.

BobKamman
Level 15

The bad news is that he is no longer posting.  The good news is that his photo will appear on the start-up page every time you open an Intuit program.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm almost famous!!!!!!!!!!IRonMaN selfie.jpg

Slava Ukraini!