Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of Babysitting Clients

dascpa
Level 11

Forgot to tell you I moved (after return mailed out). And I sold my home.  And I bought another home.  Will you charge me more to redo the return?

I found another 1099. It's small, can we just skip it?

I forgot to pay my 4th quarter estimates.  Can you fix my return?

Am I the only one with problem clients? Ugh!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Changed bank account - the SAME DAY - the e-File with Direct Deposit Refund is filed & Accepted. That's a first for me. Okay they got the impression from scam e-mail someone "hacked" their checking account, which okay but... c'mon.

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Easy Answer. Each change is $100 (Pick your own number)

Old House $100

New house $100

Address Change $100

1099   $100

Forgotten Estimate $100.

Asking of I will be charged $250

Please send/bring the cash when you send/drop off the paperwork

And at this time of year if the problem child gets mad and says they are going someone else, just another good reason to raise a glass in good cheer!

dascpa
Level 11

I know of some accountants who do charge that way. Can't get it in my mindset. Maybe that's why I'm poor and working these stupid hours.

dkh
Level 15

~~You have the wrong bank account on last years tax return. I closed that account.  That's why I had to wait for my stimulus checks to be mailed to me.  ~~

It was correct for the Direct Deposit last year. But because he closed the account sometime later  I'm supposed to have known  AND should have told the IRS  .

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I don't bill that way for many, but If I am encouraging someone to move on I will. Problem is you have to make it high enough that if they call your bluff, you will do the work if they come up with the $. So make sure you know the price of that new set of Golf Clubs before you quote your price!

IRonMaN
Level 15

I've said it before - we all have the same clients - only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Oh, I forgot to tell you I got married last year.  Meet my new wife.  She already filed.  I went with her to H&R Block and they told her she could still file as Head of Household.  So that's what she did. 

(True story.)

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Me:. .Maybe H&R Schlock will do yours also!

TAXOH
Level 11

I have this large 1099R for an early distribution with no withholding.  Can we just put this on next years taxes?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

California sent me a letter and wants me to verify my identity, I lost my drivers license and havent gotten it replaced so I cant send them what theyre asking for......and you had the wrong middle initial on my return in 2019, so this must be your fault that they need to verify my identity!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sjrcpa
Level 15

Preparing multiple 2020 real estate Partnership returns. Dealing with one of the 3 Managers. "My father transferred his and my mother's interests to his trust in 2020."

Me: How can your father put your mother's interests in his trust?

Client: My mother died in October 2019.

Sorting this out. Then find out the parents moved to another state about 5 years ago. 

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I am starting to put ankle bracelets with GPS tracking so that I can see where my clients go home to each night.  I have had four clients in the last month that have moved but evidently didn't think it was worth telling me about.  I have started taking all of their W-2s and 1099s and whichever address shows up the most I assume is where they are living now.

Slava Ukraini!